Latest News

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Acid Reflux

For various reasons, for example, hiatal hernia, some people suffer from stomach acid rising during the night. According to Dr. White at UCSF, acid reflux "diminishes protective factors" but has a different pattern of demineralization than caries (cavities caused by bacteria). A clinical exam at UCSF by Dr. White can determine if stomach acid is the cause of cavities. By the way, I've fixed my acid problem by eating better, exercising, loosening my belt and sleeping slightly propped up. The acid reflux drugs I tried were terrible. A better diet and exercise was the key. Also, I did NOT have to give up spicy foods. I love them and I still eat them almost daily. It seems that giving up sugar to fix my cavity problem also fixed my stomach acid problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post